Sunday, February 5, 2012

Walk On -- Motherjane

Last... now that I can see
The future ain't what it used to be.
Like a poet without vision
An object of mockery...
A dreamer who lost his dream to reality.
Won't give up, though the going's slow
I'll trade all my footsteps for a shot at tomorrow.
Tattoo my intentions across these streets of time
And fight till the future is once again mine.
'Cos I'm the immortal..Baptized in fire.
Unable to die, unless I desire,
I'm the light piercing the darkest dawn.
I'm the human spirit Walking on.
I'm down and so close to out
I'm the foot soldier who suffered the rout
But I'll stand again in conquest of pain...
To walk on as a king among men.
I'll make mistakes of that I'm sure.
Lose my strength when I need more.
Taste my fear in life's battlefields
But I won't trade my sword for the shield!!

No comments:

Post a Comment